These classes cover a broad range of drama skills, from improvisation to mime, as well as devising and performing scripts. Above all, classes are fun, and the central aims are to build confidence and stimulate imagination and creativity. Pupils are encouraged to draw on their own experiences to develop articulacy performances, which is the basis of good acting training.
Creative Drama classes usually consist of approximately 20 pupils. By working in pairs, small groups and as a whole class, social skills are developed to a high degree.
- JUNIOR DRAMA (school years 2-4) – Saturdays 9:30-10:30
- INTERMEDIATE DRAMA (school years 5-6) – Saturdays 11:00-12:00
- YEARS 7-8 DRAMA (school years 7-8) – Saturdays 12:30 – 13:45
- YEARS 9-10 DRAMA (school years 9-10) – 14:30 – 15:45
- UPSTAGE (school years 11-13) – Thursdays 19:00-20:30
LAMDA is one of the UK’s oldest and most respected awarding bodies. These qualifications recognise and reward the endeavours of each individual – but they are also about empowerment. Their ultimate aim is to provide all people with the opportunity to develop the life skills they need to be a success: attributes such as self-confidence and the ability to communicate clearly and present ideas.
- JUNIOR SPEECH (school years 2-4) – Saturdays 9:00-9:30
- INTERMEDIATE SPEECH (school years 5-6) – Saturdays 11:15-12:00
- YEAR 7 SPEECH – Saturdays 13:45-14:30
- YEAR 8 SPEECH – Saturdays 11:15 – 12:00
- YEAR 9 SPEECH – Saturdays 13:45-14:30
- YEAR 10 SPEECH – Saturdays 13:30-14:30
- YEAR 11 SPEECH – Saturdays 9:30-10:30
- YEAR 12 SPEECH – Thursdays 17:00-18:00
- DIPLOMA SPEECH – Thursdays 18:00-19:00
Trinity acting qualifications
Trinity exams focus on assessing skills and how effectively the candidates can apply what they have learnt, not just on knowledge for its own sake. Each year over 700,000 candidates in over 60 countries take a Trinity assessment. Trinity encourage candidates to bring their own choices and interests into our exams — this motivates students and makes the assessment more relevant and enjoyable.
- ACTING (school years 10-13) – Thursdays 18:00-19:00